The benefits of regular dog walking in Portland OR
Because you are entrusting us with the care of your special friend, we take our dog walking in Portland OR very seriously. We have high standards for our service. Dog walking is a skill that requires a lot of knowledge about dogs, a high degree of awareness in our surroundings, and street smarts. You can trust that we understand how dogs see and respond to things around them. Your dog is in safe hands with us.
We enjoy meeting your dog before we go for a walk together. It’s important for us to meet in your presence, and to feel comfortable with each other in a familiar setting before getting out into the neighborhood. We will gather information from you so we can tailor our walks to the individual needs of your unique dog. The length of the walk, the speed, the route we take, choosing a solo walk or group walk are all things to consider for your particular pet.
Walks are an important part of your dog’s life. And even if you are unable to do it yourself, here are some compelling reasons to add walking to your pup’s daily routine.
- Reason #1 is obvious: walking keeps dogs healthy, agile and limber
- Walking helps control your dog’s weight
- Walking helps keep the digestive system functioning well, it can help relieve constipation
- By giving them something constructive and interesting to do, regular exercise can reduce or eliminate destructive chewing, digging or scratching
- Walking is calming and reduces hyperactive behavior and enables pets to feel relaxed and sleepy at bedtime
- Regular exercise can help eliminate attention-getting behavior such as barking, whining and jumping up
- If your dog is timid or fearful, getting out for a walk can build confidence and trust
- There is the potential for interaction with other people and animals which provides your dog with new experiences
- Fresh air!
Dog walking in Portland OR is our passion! We’re eager to get to know you and your dog.